Brief Profile :
Dr. Prashant Prakashrao Patil is a Senior Consultant interventional pediatric cardiologist with over ten years of experience. Prashant Praskashrao studied medicine at the Grant Medical College, Byculla, Mumbai. In 2008, he completed his MD (ped) at Grant Medical College, Byculla, Mumbai. He completed a fellowship in pediatric cardiac intensive care at Narayana Hrudhayala in 2009 and a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Narayana Hrudhayala in 2011.
To date, he has successfully closed more than 600 pediatric cardiac interventions, including ASD, VSD, PDA, AV fistula closures, pulmonary AV fistula closures, more than 1000 cardiac catheterizations, and more than 200 balloon valvoplasties, and stenting procedures. As well to fetal echocardiography, he specializes in advanced echocardiography techniques. His extraordinary feats have rendered him to be the Best Paediatric Cardiologist in Banjara Hills.
In addition to being a member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, the National Neonatology Forum, and the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative, he also lectures at Control Sequence Introduction.
Field(s) of Expertis
- Expert in pediatric cardiac interventions. Till date performed more than 600 successful device closure procedures including ASD, VSD, PDA, AV fistula closures, pulmonary AV fistula closures, more than 1000 cardiac catheterizations, more than 200 balloons valvoplasties, and stenting procedures.
- Expert in fetal echocardiography, advanced echocardiography technique
Research and Presentations
- Use of CANS scores in the detection of fetal malnutrition and its correlation with maternalparameters. Submitted to the University of Mumbai in 2008
- Risk factors for extubation failure in Postoperative cardiac patients. Submitted to RGUHS, 2011 Has been faculty in various national and international conferences Did many oral and poster publications in various national conferences
- Bahe Anupam, Patil Prashant et al. "Pulmonary hypertension: A rare Presentation of thiamine deficiency in infancy." Journal of Pediatric Critical Care, vol. 7, no. 1, 2020, p. 36.
- Dekate PS, Reddy S, Prasad V, Boda S, Saini L, Patil P. An Uncommon Cause of Hypertensive Urgency in Young Adolescent: Case Report. Indian J Crit Care Med 2019; 23 (7):339-341.
- Prashant Patil, Unilateral lung agenesis with total anomalous pulmonary venous return: rarity. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, Nov 2017: 66-67
- Raghu C.N., Prashant Patil. ECMO in pediatrics. Banglore Pediatrics Tablet 2016
Awards and Recognitions
- Has been faculty in various national and international confernces
- Presented oral and poster publications in various national conferences
- Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist at Continental Hospital from Nov 2016 -2020
- Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist at Lotus Children Hospital, Hyderabad from (2011-2016)
- Lecturer in Pediatric at J J Hospital, Mumbai (2008-09)