Brief Profile :
Dr. P C Gupta is the Clinical Director and HOD, Vascular and Endovascular Surgery & Vascular IR at CARE Hospitals in Banjara Hills, India. With 30 years of expertise in the medical field of vascular and endovascular surgery, he is considered the best Vascular Surgeon in Hyderabad. Dr. P C Gupta has successfully operated on more than a thousand patients from all around the world. Dr. P C Gupta operates with his patients with dedication, passion, and comfort. He has delivered more success rates and has been loved by all his patients.
Dr. P C Gupta completed his MBBS from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, and completed his MS Surgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He then did a fellowship in Vascular Surgery at Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan. He pursued training in carotid surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapen Hill, USA, and complex aortic surgery at Methodist Hospital, Houston, USA.
He has over 25 scientific publications in National and International Journals. Publications include the first case in the world of carotid aneurysms operated during pregnancy, chapters in textbooks, work on ischemia-reperfusion injury, varicose veins, neointimal hyperplasia, stem cell therapy amongst others. He is co-author of Global Vascular Guidelines for the management of CLTI. He is on the Editorial Board of the Indian Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery and the European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery. He is a teacher and examiner for DrNB in Vascular Surgery. His areas of expertise include Aortic and carotid surgery.
He is currently the President-Elect of the Vascular Society of India and a council member of the World Federation of Vascular Societies.
Field(s) of Expertise
- Varicose Veins & Leg Ulcers Treatment- Laser Ablation (EVLT) Radio Frequency Ablation(RFA) And Conventional Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis–Thrombolysis.
- Thrombectomy & IVC Filter.
- Vascular Access For Hemodialysis: AV Fistula, Vein Transposition, Fistuloplasty, Central Vein Angioplasty, AV Grafts.
- Aortic Aneurysms: Open And Endovascular Therapy.
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- Aortic Dissection.
- Carotid Surgery Including Endarterectomy, Tumor And Aneurysms.
- Cervical Rib And Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- Diabetic Foot & Non-Healing Ulcers- Comprehensive Treatment.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease.
- Vascular Trauma & Vascular Emergencies.
Research and Presentations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis In India.
- Carotid Surgery For Symptomatic Disease.
- Surgery For Arterial Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- Vascular Access For Hemodialysis.
- Varicose Veins: Endovenous Ablation.
- Mycotic Aortic Aneurysms.
- Endovascular Complications.
- P. C. Gupta, Masahiro Matsushita, Koji Oda, Naomichi Nishikimi, Tsunehisa Sakurai, Yuji Nimura. Attenuation Of Renal Ischemia Reperfusion Injury In Rats By Allopurinol & Prostaglandin E1. European Surgical Research 1998;30:102-107.
- H. Ohkawa, M. Ito, K. Shigeno, P. C. Gupta, Masahiro Matsushita, Nishikimi Naomichi, Sakurai Tsunehisa, Nimura Yuji. Tranilast Suppresses Fetal Myosin Heavy Chains And Intimal Hyperplasia In Rabbit. Current Therapeutic Research11997;58:764-772.
- T. Sakurai, P. C. Gupta, M. Matsushita, N. Nishikimi And Y. Nimura. Correlation Of Anatomical Distribution Of Venous Reflux With Clinical Symptoms And Venous Haemodynamics In Primary Varicose Veins. British Journal Of Surgery 1998,85,213-216.
- Prem Chand Gupta, Susarla Rammurti, Rama Krishna Uppuluri, Sudhir Rai, Rama Krishna Pinjala. Endovascular Treatment Of Traumatic Femoral Arteriovenous Fistulas. Asian Oceanian J Radiol 2000;5(4):244-246.
- P C Gupta, N Madhavilatha, J Venkateshwarlu, A Sudha. Extracranial Carotid Aneurysm Related To Pregnancy. J Vasc Surg 2004;40:375-8.
- Ratan Jha, Sanjay Sinha, D Bansal, P C Gupta. Renal Infarction In Patients With Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Indian J Nephrol 2005;15:17-21.
- Devabhaktuni P, Gupta PC, Bhupati Raju S, Puranam B, Abdul SM. Uterine Fibromyoma And Intravascular Thrombosis. Open Journal Of Obstetrics And Gynecology 2014;4:197 – 207.
- Prem Chand Gupta, Pradeep Burli. Ultrasound Guided Vascular Access. JICC 6s (2016), 92 – 94.
- Rajiv Parakh, Pinjala Rama Krishna, Pravin Amin, VS Bedi, Sanjay Desai, Harjit Singh Dumra, P C Gupta Et Al. Consensus On Management Of Deep Vein Thrombosis With Emphasis On NOACs (Non Vitamin K Antagonist Oral Anticoagulants): Recommendations From Inter-Disciplinary Group Of Indian Experts. JAPI Suppl 2016 64(9), 7-26.
- Global Vascular Guidelines On The Management Of Chronic Limb-Threatening Ischemia. Michael S Conte, Andrew S Bradbury, Phillepe Kohl Et Al. P C Gupta. Coauthor With Others. J Of Vasc Surg 2019;June Supplement. Also Published In European Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery June, 2019.
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Paper Award For Distal Bypass In Buerger’s Disease.
- SVS International Scholar Travel Grant.
- President Elect, Vascular Society Of India: 2019 – 2021.
- Scientific Reviewer For
- Indian Journal Of Surgery.
- Indian Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
- European Journal Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
- Journal Of Indian College Of Cardiology
- Association Of Surgeons Of India.
- Vascular Society Of India.
- Venous Association Of India.
- American Venous Forum.
- Fellow Of International College Of Angiology.
- European Society Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery.
- Indian Society Of Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Indian Association Of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgeons.
- DeBakey International Surgical Society.
- International Society Of Vascular Surgery.
- Vascular Society Of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh.
- Hyderabad Surgical Society.
- Senior Resident (Surgery) PGIMER, Chandigarh (1993- 1995 & 1997- 1998)
- Senior Research Associate (Surgery), All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor In Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Nizam’s Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
- Associate Professor In Vascular Surgery, Deccan Medical College, Hyderabad.
- Senior Consultant & Chief Of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad.