Brief Profile :
Dr. Prateek Bhatnagar is the director of the cardiac surgery department at CARE Hospitals in Banjara Hills, India. With more than 25 years of experience, his work as the director and chairman across many well-known hospitals in India makes him the Best Cardiac Surgeon in Hyderabad.
Dr. Prateek Bhatnagar has published various medical studies that have been appreciated worldwide. His exclusive work can be seen in multiple studies, including Annals of Thoracic Surgery on ‘Multivessel Total Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in Mesocardia’, and one still under publication in Alternate Day Haemodialysis on ‘Combined CABG With La Myxoma Removal in a Chronically Anuric Patient’.
Dr. Bhatnagar was declared as one of the Best Alumni of G.S.V.M.medical College, Kanpur, at the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Medical College Held in 2007. He was also awarded for ‘Outstanding Service to the Society’ by being one of the pioneers in ‘Total Arterial Revascularization With Beating Heart Surgery in India’. The doctor also received the lifetime achievement award by Mahavir International Trust in 2015 for pioneering work in ‘Latest Techniques of Bypass Surgery in India’ and for ‘Helping Poor Patients in Their Surgical Needs’.
Dr. Prateek Bhatnagar did the world’s first successful coronary bypass surgery in a rotated heart (myocardial) on 17th September 2016 and India’s first re-redo (3rd time) coronary bypass surgery using beating heart total arterial revascularization in 2005.
Dr. Bhatnagar is one of the world’s leading experts in beating heart coronary bypass surgery, “Y” grafting surgery, BIMA (Bilateral Internal Mammary Artery) coronary bypass surgery and total arterial revascularization in bypass surgery. He established these techniques in Hyderabad and demonstrated their safe, secure and advantageous use over the last 18 years. He has been associated with more than 12000 heart surgeries to date.
Dr. Bhatnagar is an expert in handling complex bypass surgeries, high-risk surgeries, redo and re-redo coronary bypass surgeries. He has a patient base in almost all parts of India and regularly operates on international patients. He has been a faculty member in national & international conferences and has delivered lectures.
Dr. Bhatnagar topped in MBBS in 1982, winning ten gold medals. His leadership qualities intertwined with the best comprehensive treatment plans make him among the best cardiac surgeons in India.
Field(s) of Expertise
- Coronary Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Beating Heart Surgery
- BIMA Bypass Surgery
- Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Redo CABG
- High-Risk CABG
- Emergency CABG
- CABG in Acute MI
- Awake CABG
- Valve Repair and Replacements
- Aortic Surgery
- Routine Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Research and Presentations
- Faculty Speaker at Annual Techno College Conference of IACTS in 2019
- Faculty Speaker at Annual Techno College Conference of IACTS in 2018
- Convener of Symposium On CABG At National Conference of IACTS in 2016
- Faculty Speaker at The 1st Indian Coronary Surgery Congress at Bangalore in 2015
- Faculty Speaker at Cardiomersion Conference at Dubai in 2015
- Guest Lecture on Beating Heart CABG At Austin Hospital, Melbourne, Australia in 2009
- Organised Live Workshops in Hyderabad on Beating Heart CABG With BIMA/Radial Total Arterial Revascularisation in 2003, 2005 & 2015. Operated & Demonstrated These Latest Techniques in CABG to International Audience of Cardiac Surgeons 8.Faculty Speaker in Multiple Annual Conferences of IACTS And State CSI Meetings
- Multivessel Total Arterial Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in Mesocardia. Published in Annals of Thoracic Surgery in July 2018.
- Combined CABG With La Myxoma Removal in a Chronically Anuric Patient on Alternate Day Haemodialysis (Under Publication).
Awards and Recognitions
- Declared One of the Best Alumni of G.S.V.M.medical College, Kanpur, at the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Medical College Held in 2007. Awarded for Outstanding Service to the Society by Being One of the Pioneers in Total Arterial Revascularisation With Beating Heart Surgery, in the Country.
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Mahavir International Trust in 2015 (Very Early in Active Professional Life) for Pioneering Work in Latest Techniques of Bypass Surgery in India and for Helping Poor Patients in Their Surgical Needs.
- Dr. Purshottam Singh Oration Award by Indian Medical Association, in 1995, for Developing - Total Arterial Revascularisation in Coronary Bypass Surgery.
- Dr. S.N.mathur Oration Award by Gems International, in December 2000, for Developing Beating Heart Surgery With Total Arterial Revascularisation, in Coronary Bypass Surgery.
- Fellow of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- CTS Net
- Director Cardiac Sciences, Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli & Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad (2011-2019)
- Director Cardiac Surgery, Image Hospitals ( 2007-2011)
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, CARE Hospitals, Nampally (2004-2007)
- Chairman Department of Cardiac Surgery, Medwin Hospital (2001-2004)
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon , National Heart Institute, New Delhi (1997-2001)
- Director Cardiac Surgery, Choithram Hospital, Indore (1995-1997)
- Cardiac Surgery (Australia) - St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney And Austin Hospital, Melbourne (1991-1995)
- Fellowship in Cardiac Surgery (Australia)