Brief Profile :
Dr. Satish Pawar is one of the renowned surgical oncologists in Hyderabad with 15+ years of experience. He is a well-known member of the Maharashtra Medical Council, Telangana State Medical Council, Association of Surgeons of India, Indian Medical Association (IMA), Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI), Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India (ACRSI). Further, his special area of interest is in laparoscopic gastrointestinal and Thoracic oncology. Also, he is an expert in sphincter preserving rectal surgeries & single PORT VATS Lung Surgeries. His expertise and knowledge have made him the Best Cancer Surgeon in HITEC City.
He worked as a DNB Clinical Coordinator and consultant senior oncologist at Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad from 2012 to 2018. Also, he was appointed as an examiner for DNB Internal Assessment Examination held at Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad in 2017. He co-guided DNB Surgical Oncology Student Thesis in the year 2014, 2015, 2016.
Dr. Satish Pawar is trained to provide Primary/Interval Cytoreduction surgeries and HIPEC/HITEC for Carcinoma Ovary, Primary Peritoneal Malignancies, Mesothelioma. He also provides the facility of Laparoscopic Nerve Sparing Radical Hysterectomy.
Further, his works were published in various journals and were recognized by the media. Some of his articles were on the topic - Malignant Transformation of Non-Irradiated Recurrent Laryngeal Juvenile Papillomatosis, Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumour of Breast-a Case Report, etc. He also won various awards for his works.
Currently, he is working as a Head and Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist at CARE Hospitals – HITEC City, Hyderabad. His mission is to provide the best treatment for cancer patients.
Field(s) of Expertise
- Thoracoscopic/ single Port VATS/ RATS for Lung cancer.
- Laparoscopic & Robotic GI Oncology- Sphincter Sparing Minimally Invasive Surgeries For Rectal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Gyne Oncology- Laparoscopic Nerve Sparing/ Robotic Radical Hysterectomy
- Primary/Interval Cytoreduction and HIPEC/HITEC For Carcinoma Ovary, Primary Peritoneal Maliganacies, Mesothelioma
Research and Presentations
- Management of Esophageal Varices By Upper G.I. Endoscopy in Our Set Up- Paper Presentation at State Conference Held at Mangalore
- Oral Presentation- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour, Presented in CME Held at JJM Medical College
- Oral Presentation- HIV in Surgical Management, Presented at CME on HIV at JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Presentations in NATCON 2015, 17-20th Sep 2015 at Bhuvaneshwar A) Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy- Our Institution Experience- Paper Presentation O B) Nerve Sparing Radical Hysterectomy - Video Presentation
- Amasicon 2015, Mumbai, Nov 5th - 8th O Laparoscopic Surgery for Carcinoma Rectum - Single Institution Study O Video Presentation on Laparoscopic APR
- Abstract Presentation in GEM 2015 on 24th- 25th Oct 2015 at Hyderabad
- Presentations at NATCON 2016 at Jodhpur O Video Of Laparoscopic APR
- Video Presentation at IAGES 2017 Held at Hyderabad on 9-11th Feb 2017 on Laparoscopic Assisted Right Hemicolectomy
- 2 Video Presentations- Laparoscopic Anterior Resection with Intracorporeal Anastamosis and TaTME - Colorectal Conference (ACRSICON) at Coimbatore in Sep 2017
- Presented A Paper on our Experience Laparoscopic Radical Hysterectomy – 300 Cases at NATCON 2015 at Bhuvaneshwar
- Poster Presentation in InternationalConference - SSO 2018 - Chicago Representing IASO (INDIA)
- Video Presentation on Total Laparoscopic Low Anterior Resection for Carcinoma Mid Rectum – NATCON 2019, Kolkota
- Malignant Transformation of Nonirradiated Recurrent Laryngeal Juvenile Papillomatosis. Arsheed Hh,jagadish Rk,satish Pawar: Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: an International Journal 2011;259-261
- Patterns of Failure and Determinants of Outcomes Following Radical Re- Resection for Incidental Gallbladder Cancer. Barreto Sg, Pawar S, Shah S, Talole S, Goel M, Shrikhande Sv. World J Surg. 2014 Feb;38(2):484-9
- Safety of Completion Thyroidectomy for Initially Misdiagnosed Thyroid Carcinoma. Kranthikumar G, Syed N, Nemade H, Pawar S, Chandra Sekhara Rao Lm, Subramanyeshwar Rao T.rambam Maimonides Med J. 2016 Jul 28;7(3).
- Primary Angiosarcoma of Breast: a Case Report. Raju Kv, Mahajan M, Rehmani K, Pawar S, Murthy Ss.indian J Surg Oncol. 2014 Jun;5(2):155-7
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumour of Breast-a Case Report. Mahajan M, Raju Kv, Rehmani K, Pawar S, Murthy Ss, Devi Gs.indian J Surg Oncol. 2014 Mar;5(1):89-91
- Short Term Outcomes in Patients With Carcinoma of the Esophagus and Ge Junction Receiving Nact Vs Nactrt: a Prospective Study: Syed Nusrath, T.s.rao, Kvvn Raju, Patnaik Sc, Satish Pawar, a Santa, Senthil Rajappa, Ak Raju, Sudha Murthy: Rambam Maimonides Med J. July 9,2018
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Case Presentation on Carcinoma Breast at Post Graduate Training Program Held Annually at Bangalore
- 2nd Best Video Presentation at NATCON 2015 Held at Bhuvaneshwar For Laparoscopic Nerve Sparing Radical Hysterectomy
- Best Paper Award- Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy - Single Institutional Experience – ICC (Indian Cancer Congress 2017), Bangalore
- 2nd Prize For Video Presentation at ICC 2017 Held at Bangalore For Laparoscopic TaTME
- Faculty in Robotic- Laparoscopic Workshop, Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad in 2020
- Faculty in Carcinoma Esophagus Panel in Apollo Cancer Conclave, Hyderabad in 2020
- Faculty in Carcinoma Testis Panel in IASO Midcon 2020 Held at Tirupati.
- Poster presentation representing IASO, India @ Society of surgical oncology, Chicago in 2018.
Marathi, Telugu, Hindi, English, Kannada, Gujrati & Arabic
- Maharashtra Medical Council Registration No: 2003/03/866
- Maharashtra Medical Council Additional Medical Qualification Registration Certificate No. 0533/2011
- Telangana State Medical Council- TSMC/FMR/77661
- Association of Surgeons of India – FL 18766
- Association of Surgical Oncologists of India (IASO)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) 7.Society of Surgical Oncologists (International)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India (ACRSI)
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist & DNB Clinical Co-ordinator 2012- 2018 (5 Years 6 Months)
- Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad
- Senior Consultant Surgical Oncologist at American Oncology Institute/citizens Hospital, Hyderabad (Jan 2018 to March 2020)