Brief Profile :
Dr. Sudha Sinha is one of the best haeamatologist in Hyderabad with more than 15 years of experience. She did her MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, University of Health Sciences, Hyderabad (1996). She completed her internship in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ, USA (1998 – 1999). She served as a resident in Internal Medicine at Barnabas Medical Center Livingston, NJ, USA (1999- 2001). She did her fellowship in Hematology and Oncology from Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center Tufts University School of Medicine Boston, MA, USA (2002 – 2005). She was a chief fellow in the division of Hematology/Oncology at Caritas St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA (2004-2005).
Further, she is a notable member of the European Society of Medical Oncology and the Indian Medical Association.
She is an expert oncologist and provides treatments for Breast Cancer, Gynaecological Cancers, and Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases. She also has a keen interest in women' Cancer and Treatment.
Her various research papers have got national and international recognition. Some of her research papers are-Efficacy of Rasburicase (Recombinant Urate Oxidase) In The Prevention And Treatment of Malignancy-Associated Hyperuricemia, Role of The MDM2 Promoter Polymorphism (-309T>G) In Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Development, Factors Influencing Progression-Free Survival In Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours With Special Reference To Pathologic Features, Cytogenetics, And Radiologic Response, etc.
Besides, she has also been a part of various international conferences such as the American Society of Apheresis (ASFA) 2005-Plenary Session, the American Society of Haematology (ASH) 2005 – Practice Forum, etc.
Presently, she is a Clinical Director & HOD as well as Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist & Hematologist at CARE Hospitals, HITEC City, Hyderabad.
Field(s) of Expertise
- Special Interest In Women’s Cancers
- Breast Cancer, Gynecological Cancers, Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases
Research and Presentations
- 26th Annual Meeting of American Society of Aphereis (ASFA) 2005-Plenary Session: Safety And Efficacy of Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Mobilization And Collection in Patients With Advanced Coronary Heart Disease.
- 46th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2005 – Practice Forum: The Business of Practice: The Evolving State Of Hematology Practice – Progress And Challenges In 2004 Advocacy Efforts.
- July 2003 To June 2004: Dr. Sudha Sinha Worked As A Research Fellow At The Center For Cell Biology, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. The Center Concentrates On The Development Of Cystein Protease Inhibitors As Anti-Malarial Drugs, And On The Investigation Of Molecular Mechanisms By Which Erythroblast-Macrophage Interactions Promote Erythroid Maturation.
- Expression And Purification of Erythrocyte Macrophage Protein (EMP) 5.Development of Anti-EMP Antibodies 6.Design And Development of FP1 (Cystein Protease Enzyme Falpain 1) Knock Out Constructs – This is An Enzyme That is Likely Involved in The Release Of Malarial Merozoites From Host RBCs.
- Digumarti R, Sinha S, Nirni SS, Patil SG, Pedapenki RM. Indian J Cancer. 2014 Apr-Jun;51(2):180-3. Efficacy of Rasburicase (Recombinant Urate Oxidase) In The Prevention And Treatment of Malignancy-Associated Hyperuricemia: An Indian Experience.
- Cingeetham A, Vuree S, Dunna NR, Gorre M, Nanchari SR, Edathara PM, Meka P, Annamaneni S, Digumarthi R, Sinha S, Satti V. Tumour Biol. 2015 May 10. [Epub Ahead Of Print]. Influence Of BCL2-938C >A And BAX-248G>A Promoter Polymorphisms In The Development of AML: Case-Control Study From South India
- Cingeetham A1, Vuree S, Jiwatani S, Kagita S, Dunna NR, Meka PB, Gorre M, Annamaneni S, Digumarti R, Sinha S, Satti V. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16(7):2707-12. Role of The MDM2 Promoter Polymorphism (-309T>G) In Acute Myeloid Leukemia Development
- Cingeetham A, Vuree S, Dunna NR, Gorre M, Nanchari SR, Edathara PM, Mekkaw P, Annamaneni S, Digumarthi RR, Sinha S, Satti V.Tumour Biol. 2014 Sep;35(9):8813-22. Association of Caspase9 Promoter Polymorphisms With The Susceptibility of AML In South Indian Subjects.
- Chiranjeevi P, Spurthi KM, Rani NS, Kumar GR, Aiyengar TM, Saraswati M, Srilatha G, Kumar GK, Sinha S, Kumari CS, Reddy BN, Vishnupriya S, Rani HS. Tumour Biol. 2013 Dec 20. [Epub Ahead of Print]. Gelatinase B (- 1562C/T) Polymorphism In Tumor Progression And Invasion of Breast Cancer.
- Anuradha V, Anand BB, Suresh AV, Sinha S, Babu SC, Suresh K.Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2013 Jan;34(1):11-5. Palliative Chemotherapy In Head And Neck Squamous Cell Cancer – What Is Best In Indian Population? A Time Without Symptoms, Treatment Toxicity Score Based Study.
- Attili SV, Ananda B, Mandapal T, Anjaneyulu V, Sinha S, Reddy OC. Gastrointest Cancer Res. 2011 Sep;4(5-6):173-7.Factors Influencing Progression- Free Survival In Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors With Special Reference To Pathologic Features, Cytogenetics, And Radiologic Response.
- Suresh AV, Varma PP, Sinha S, Deepika S, Raman R, Srinivasan M, Mandapal T, Reddy CO, Anand BB. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010 Oct- Dec;6(4):448-51.Risk-Scoring System For Predicting Mucositis In Patients of Head And Neck Cancer Receiving Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy .
- Chirivella S, Rajappa S, Sinha S, Eden T, Barr RD. Indian J Pediatr. 2009 Dec;76(12):1231-Health-Related Quality of Life Among Children With Cancer In Hyderabad, India.
- Bala S, Kumar A, Soni S, Sinha S, Hanspal M.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006 Apr 21;342(4):1040-8. Emp Is A Component of The Nuclear Matrix of Mammalian Cells And Undergoes Dynamic Rearrangements During Cell Division. 11.Sinha S, Poh KK, Sodano D, Flanagan J, Ouilette C, Kearney M, Heyd L, Wollins J, Losordo D, Weinstein R.J Clin Apher. 2006 Jul;21(2):116-20.Safety And Efficacy of Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Mobilization And Collection In Patients With Advanced Coronary Heart Disease
Telugu, Hindi and English
- European Society of Medical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- Sinha Worked As Assistant Professor, Head of Department of Medical Oncology at MNJ Institute of Oncology and Regional Cancer Center, Hyderabad from 2007 To 2017
- Established The Department of Medical Oncology
- Established The 60-Bed Adult Leukemia Program
- Established The 80 Pediatric Oncology Program
- Started The ICMR ( Indian Council of Medical Research) Funded Hospital Based National Cancer Registry Program
- Key Role in Expanding The Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology Labs at The Hospital
- She Also Worked As Senior Consultant in Hematology and Oncology at Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad from 2014 to 2017
- She Worked As Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist at American Oncology Institute, Hyderabad from 2018 to 2020